Thursday, January 12, 2012

From Trash to Treasure Tutorial: Handmade Ski Decor

These are some skis I refinished for my brother-in-law for Christmas. 
My sister & he built their dream home in a popular ski destination 
in the Laurel Mountains of Pennsylvania.

Here they are in my workshop after sanding. 


After some stuff was removed from them & they were sanded, I used wood filler 
to fill in the holes & scratches, then stained them & painted 
"Stone Family Lodge Est. 2009' 
on them (2009 was the year they built their home) using black acrylic paint. 
On each mitten, I used a metallic silver paint pen 
to paint the names of each family member. 
Finally, I coated them with polyurethane to seal it all.

Here they are all finished for the gift exchange on Christmas Eve.




"It was more than discovering something that I loved to do - 
It was discovering someone I had always been." 
 ~ Natalie ;-*
Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment