Remember these I found & rescued from the curb?
I removed their seats & set about repairing the banged-up wood with Elmer's stainable wood-filler.
Next it was time to sand, which I did by hand because of the size of this project.
Next came priming & painting. I spray painted them with Rust-Oleum's Heirloom White.
Next I decided to take the seat covers off & replace them entirely,
rather than just cover them. After seeing the condition of the batting,
I was SO glad that I did! Then I cut new batting the shape of the seat.
I secured the batting with finishing nails & used the old vinyl as a pattern to cut the fabric.
The awesome thing about this fabric was that it was like $48 a yard, but I bought a remnant at Jo-Ann's so it was only a few dollars! I had just enough to cover the seats & some leftover to cover the stool for my vanity & Mod Podge some to the vanity itself.
I used a staple gun to secure the new fabric. They turned out GORGEOUS!
Finally, I reassembled the chairs & here they are!
"It was more than discovering something that I loved to do -
It was discovering someone I had always been."
~ Natalie ;-*