Tuesday, March 27, 2012

From Trash to Treasure: Ladder Back Chairs


AFTER:


Remember these I found & rescued from the curb?


I removed their seats & set about repairing the banged-up wood with Elmer's stainable wood-filler.





Next it was time to sand, which I did by hand because of the size of this project.


Next came priming & painting. I spray painted them with Rust-Oleum's Heirloom White.


Next I decided to take the seat covers off & replace them entirely, 
rather than just cover them. After seeing the condition of the batting, 
I was SO glad that I did! Then I cut new batting the shape of the seat.




I secured the batting with finishing nails & used the old vinyl as a pattern to cut the fabric.
The awesome thing about this fabric was that it was like $48 a yard, but I bought a remnant at Jo-Ann's so it was only a few dollars! I had just enough to cover the seats & some leftover to cover the stool for my vanity & Mod Podge some to the vanity itself.


I used a staple gun to secure the new fabric. They turned out GORGEOUS!


 Finally, I reassembled the chairs & here they are! 







"It was more than discovering something that I loved to do - 
It was discovering someone I had always been." 
 ~ Natalie ;-*
Follow Me on Pinterest

2 comments:

  1. Your pictures don't open on this page. All your other have opened for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry I'm just getting back to you...
      The pictures are showing up on my page & also in the editable version on my dashboard. Could it be your browser? Or that you're missing a plug-in? If you're on a cell phone, have you looked on a regular computer? Check again for these things & let me know if you still have trouble. Maybe I will be able to get it to you in another way...
      Let me know! Thanks for stopping by!
      Natalie :)

      Delete