Thursday, January 12, 2012

Painting Tutorial: Quick and Easy Paint Projects for Busy Moms - Part One

One of the things I love to do is draw & paint. I especially love LEAVES, nature, & FALL! Fall is my favorite season & I love to decorate with decoupage, rich earthy tones, 
& pretty much anything that feels rustic or like I'm bringing the outdoors inside. 

I would call my style "rustic-modern-vintage." Yes, I made that up to suit my needs! 
Anyway, I started painting some leaves recently using a stencil from Jo-Ann Fabrics, 
one of my favorite haunts when I need supplies or something 'new,' 
& it's such an easy & fun craft to do! 
I spray-painted the backgrounds & hand-painted the leaves. 
Here are some pictures of the leaves:





I also channeled my Grandmother, who we refer to as "Mam," & did some water-painting. She is the woman from whom my sisters & I inherited the "artsy-fartsy" gene. 
Here's my first ever water-painting I made to match my bedroom's color scheme. 
The frame was plain wood & I spray-painted it to match  the blue in the painting. 
I love me some spray-paint, too!



Again, using a stencil from Jo-Ann's & an idea from one of my favorite magazines, 
My Home My Style
I painted a green background & hand-painted the regal design.




This next painting is called a line painting, & it was my first painting like this!




These are just a few simple ideas for projects that I enjoy 
& you can you do, too, in just an hour or two. Have fun!


"It was more than discovering something that I loved to do - 
It was discovering someone I had always been." 
 ~ Natalie ;-*
Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment