Thursday, January 26, 2012

From Trash to Treasure Tutorial: Matching Coffee and End Tables

This project got started because I fixed up our basement after we moved in to our new house. It had been a lime green color & was so bright, it had to go! The linoleum in the entry from the garage was also black & white checker, which was not going to match our navy blue furniture that goes in our Penn State "Man Cave." Here are some before & after pictures.





I'll show more before & after pictures of the room, but now on to the tables. I have had these same tables since my first grown-up apartment, & before that it was in my parent's house for a decade or maybe more. This was the second refinishing project in my house, which made me realize that the first time wasn't just a fluke & I may actually be talented at this sort of thing! They were covered with beverage rings & scratches, but they're solid pieces of oak furniture, & I decided that I'd try to give them new life.

Here is the coffee table before 
(the first picture is before I painted the green walls, the other 3 are after):




 Coffee table after:

End table before:



End table after:



The rest of the basement after:


 



"It was more than discovering something that I loved to do - 
It was discovering someone I had always been." 
 ~ Natalie ;-*
Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment