Monday, January 23, 2012

From Trash to Treasure Tutorial: Mid-Century Modern Bedside Tables with Drawers


I found these tables at a thrift store & they were so solid & had great bones, so I picked them up for less than $5 a piece & brought them home to bring back to life!




I sanded them because I thought I was going to stain them, but during the process I changed my mind (as so often happens) because I thought they would be nice as a baby blue for now, & later I could decoupage some pretty paper on the top & drawer fronts. Still, look at how beautiful the wood is! I can always strip the paint & stain if I change my mind AGAIN. 

My husband was letting me use a belt sander of his, but it was overkill for the jobs 
I was doing; so I bought a Makita Finishing Sander & it's my new buddy! 
I call it Buzzby, or Buzz for short, haha...

Even though I still have more plans for these, here they are right now. 
I didn't switch out the hardware because I liked the old ones.



Here are some close-ups of where, after I painted, I went back in with some sand paper 
& scuffed the edges  a little to give them a weathered, antique look. 


As soon as I have the time, I'm going to decoupage the top & drawer-fronts 
with fabric. If you're wondering why I have to wait to finish things, 
please read the post "About Me!" Thanks!

"It was more than discovering something that I loved to do - 
It was discovering someone I had always been." 
 ~ Natalie ;-*
Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment